The purpose of this Zoning Ordinance is as follows:
- List the types of zones which may be used and the regulations which may be imposed in each zone. In addition, the text shall make provisions for the granting of variances, conditional use permits, and for nonconforming use of land and structures.
- Regulate activity on land, including filling or excavation of land, the removal of natural resources, the use of water sources and other bodies of water, as well as land subject to flooding.
- Regulate the size, width, height, bulk, location of structures, buildings, and signs.
- Establish minimum or maximum areas or percentages of areas, yards or other open spaces which are to be left unoccupied, and minimum distance requirements between buildings and other structures.
- Regulate intensity of use and density of population floor area to ground area ratios.
- Establish a map, which shall show the boundaries of each zone.