The purpose of the Comprehensive Plan is to guide public and private actions and decisions to assure the development of public and private property in the most appropriate relationships.
The comprehensive plan shall contain, as a minimum, the following elements:
- A statement of goals and objectives.
- A land use plan element.
- A transportation plan element.
- A community facilities plan element.
- Provisions for the accommodation of all military installations greater than or equal in area to 300 acres, abutting the planning unit’s boundaries. The goal of providing for the accommodation for these military installations shall be to minimize conflicts between the relevant military installations and the planning unit’s residential population.
- The comprehensive plan may include any additional elements such as, without being limited to, community renewal, housing, flood control, pollution, conservation, natural resources, regional impact, historic preservation, and other programs which in the judgment in the planning commission will further serve the purposes of the comprehensive plan.