The City of Radcliff collects loose leaves in the fall. It is illegal to rake or blow leaves into the street, so loose leaves must be collected and disposed of properly. Residents can assist crews by preparing loose leaf piles.
- How to properly prepare your leaves for pickup:
- Leaf piles should be at the edge of your yard, not in the street.
- Keep leaf piles in an open area and away from obstructions so our crews can get equipment to them.
- Loose leaf piles should be placed behind the curb or edge of pavement without blocking the sidewalk.
- Do NOT block fire hydrants with leaf piles.
- Separate tree trimmings, shrubs, and other types of yard debris from your loose leaves. These items can damage our vacuum equipment and create a safety hazard for crews. Yard waste and bagged leaves will continue to be collected on your scheduled yard waste collection day.
- Keep leaf piles away from obstructions such as parked vehicles, fire hydrants, mailboxes, fencing, designer landscaping, water meters, utility poles and guy wires. Our crews need room to work and do not want to damage our equipment or your property while collecting loose leaves.
Check back for leaf collection dates. They will be posted on this page after they are set, which will happen when the leaves begin to fall.
Don't block hydrants. Firefighters need unrestricted access.
Crews are not equipped to remove limbs and other yard waste.
The City of Radcliff will assist with brush and limb removal through our Limb Pickup Program. This program is intended for brush and limbs up to 10 inches in diameter -- not entire trees. Larger limbs and tree trunks should be hauled away by a contractor at the customer’s expense. Note that this is a residential program and does not include commercial properties.
How to properly prepare your brush and limbs for pickup:
- Stack limbs at the edge of your yard, not in the street.
- Do NOT include building material, tree stumps, or landscaping material in your piles of brush and limbs.
Stack limbs along roadway
No building materials
No tree stumps
No landscaping material